Norwich City trio face late Manchester City fitness tests; Alex Tettey ruled out for the season
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City trio Robbie Brady, Steven Naismith and Seb Bassong face late fitness tests ahead of Manchester City's Premier League visit - but Alex Tettey's season is over after ankle surgery.
City boss Alex Neil confirmed the Norwegian international faces a spell on the sidelines following the injury suffered in the recent 2-1 home league defeat to Chelsea.
The Scot, however, intends to give Brady (calf) and Naismith (hamstring) every chance following their early exits at Swansea last weekend, while Bassong has not featured in recent weeks.
Andre Wisdom is back in the squad after a full week's training following a knee problem, but City's injury concerns mean none of their fringe players will be on duty Friday night at Tottenham in the development league.
'We won't let the senior boys play because we have three late calls on the lads and Alex out as well so we are down on numbers compared to last week so that is why some of them got game-time,' said Neil, speaking at Colney on Friday lunchtime. 'We'll have a few late fitness tests with Seb Bassong, Robbie Brady and Steven Naismith. They are the three we are looking at. They are late fitness tests. We'll see tomorrow.
You may also want to watch:
'I said after the Swansea game Steven and Robbie were two who were not huge concerns because they got to a stage where they felt a tweak and came off without it really being damaged. Andre Wisdom has trained this week and he'll be fine.
'Alex has had the surgery and it went well. He was in today and it is going to be quite a wee while in terms of coming back. He'll be fine, it is just a case of time now for Alex. He'll miss the end of the season.'
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'