Norwich City transfer rumours: Wolves track Josh Murphy
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Wolves have reporteldy made an enquiry for Norwich City midfielder Josh Murphy.
Skysports' Midlands-based correspondent Rob Dorsett claimed on Monday afternoon Paul Lambert is keen on bringing Murphy to Molineux.
The wide player replaced his twin brother, Jacob, for the final nine minutes of Saturday's 3-1 Championship win over Wolves at Carrow Road, but has had largely a bit-part role in the club's league campaign this season.
Murphy is yet to sign a new Carrow Road deal, after his brother committed his future to the Canaries until at least 2021 prior to Christmas. Alex Neil confirmed contract talks were on-going recently and believes the 21-year-old has an equally big future in the game. With Sergi Canos heavily touted with a move to Brentford in the January window, Murphy is likely to be a vital back-up option for the Championship run-in.
The former FA Youth Cup winner has scored seven goals in 18 senior appearances this season, including a productive spell in the EFL Trophy.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 2 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 3 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 4 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 5 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 6 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 7 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 8 Met office issue weather warnings for thunderstorms in parts of Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 10 Man 'helping police with inquiries' in search for missing woman