Norwich City transfer rumours: William Troost-Ekong linked with Canaries, Swansea, Crystal Palace and Brighton
- Credit: Submitted
Nigerian international defender William Troost-Ekong is being linked with a summer move to Norwich City.
The 22-year-old is currently on loan at Norwegian club Haugesund from Belgian top-flight club Gent, scoring once in 11 games in the Tippeligaen so far this season in Norway.
Troost-Ekong was born in the Netherlands but qualifies for Nigeria through his father and has so far been capped five times at full international level.
The centre-back was on the books at Fulham and Tottenham as a youngster but started out in senior football in his home country with FC Groningen, going on to join Gent last summer, signing a three-year contract.
Dutch football website Voetbal International claims Norwich and Brighton have enquired about Troost-Ekong, as well as Premier League clubs Swansea and Crystal Palace.
Celtic reportedly wanted to sign Troost-Ekong last summer, as a replacement for Southampton-bound Virgil van Dijk, who they had signed from Groningen, but he ended up joining Gent.
The defender has captained Haugesund and other recent reports had suggested Gent intended to involve him in their squad next season.
- 1 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 2 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 4 Recycling centre closures planned as part of £15m County Hall cuts
- 5 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 6 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
- 7 Peter Crouch speaks on bid to track down his 'Norfolk husband'
- 8 Care home which has sat empty for four years to be revived by new owners
- 9 5 new shop openings in Norwich to look forward to
- 10 Where you can see the Battle of Britain memorial flypast today
Last week SuperSport.com quoted the former Netherlands Under-20 international's agent, Tony Harris, as saying: 'William is very likely to go back to Gent as he has had an impressive outing in Norway so far. Discussions are ongoing about that.'