Norwich City transfer rumours: Steven Whittaker is a man in demand
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Scottish international Steven Whittaker is being touted with a return to Hibs when he is released by Norwich City.
The 32-year-old full-back is among a number of senior players set to leave Carrow Road this summer with the club rebuilding under new sporting director Stuart Webber.
The Scottish Sun reported on Tuesday morning Neil Lennon is trying to tempt Whittaker to return to Easter Road, after a 10-year absence, following Hibs' title-winning success in the Scottish Championship and promotion to the top flight.
Whittaker started his career at Hibs before moving on to Rangers in 2007 for a reported £2m, but the defender moved south to Norwich in 2012 following the financial implosion of the Ibrox giants.
Alex Neil handed the Scot a new one year deal last summer, with the option of a further year, after relegation from the Premier League but Whittaker is expected to leave the Canaries in the close season.
You may also want to watch:
Championship outfit Reading were heavily linked with the right-back in the last transfer window and the Scottish Sun claim there is interest from other clubs in England, along with Hibs' Edinburgh rivals, Hearts.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed