Norwich City transfer rumours: Martin Olsson undergoes Swansea City medical
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Martin Olsson is poised to complete a reported £4.5m move to Premier League Swansea City on Monday.
Skysports claimed on Sunday lunchtime the Canaries' Swedish international and Tottenham's Tom Carroll are undergoing medicals this weekend ahead of a double switch which will be confirmed on Monday. The duo were in Wales on Saturday as Paul Clement's side lost 4-0 at home to Arsenal.
Alex Neil made it clear after Norwich's 2-1 Championship defeat to Rotherham United Olsson and his representatives were in advanced talks to move to the Swans following a firm approach last week.
Steven Whittaker deputised for Olsson at the New York stadium with Robbie Brady suspended.
'Everyone knows the situation,' said Neil, speaking on Saturday night. 'Martin is in dialogue with Swansea. We are in dialogue with Swansea and that is pretty much where it is. Will it go through in the next few days? I don't know. Once it is completed, if it is completed, we will let people know.'
Neil and City's top brass have made it clear they need to sell in January generate funds to strengthen his squad.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 5 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 6 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 7 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 8 Fly-tippers dumped dead relative's rubbish – just half a mile from recycling centre
- 9 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed