Norwich City transfer rumours: Everton among host of Premier League clubs keen on the Murphy twins
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Jacob and Josh Murphy's promising start to the season has caught the eye of more than just those inside Carrow Road.
The 21-year-old twins are enjoying a fine breakthrough season at first-team level for Norwich City with Josh the latest brother to grab the headlines by scoring a stunning strike during his side's 2-0 EFL Cup win at Premier League Everton.
The Toffees are believed to have been keeping tabs on the pacy wingers long before Tuesday's match. And according to the Daily Mirror they're not the only top-flight clubs thought to be lining up big-money bids for the pair when the January transfer window opens.
Reports suggest scouts from West Brom, Crystal Palace, Hull and Swansea have been sent to Norfolk so far this season to watch how the talented pair are performing in the Championship.
City's top brass will be keen to hang onto their homegrown talents, who have represented England are various youth-team levels, but know they are only under contract until July 2017.
You may also want to watch:
However, boss Alex Neil was in relaxed mood when discussing interest surrounding the pair ahead of Saturday's trip to Nottingham Forest.
He, with a smile, said: 'What you should always do is presume that you don't really know anything about their contracts because nine times out of 10 you don't.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Car catches fire after early morning crash
- 8 Man re-arrested over murder of missing 83-year-old Pat Holland
- 9 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend
- 10 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub
'The point I'm making is 'do you think we're going to let them run out of contract at the end of the season?' Don't imagine. It's a fact. We won't.'