Norwich City transfer rumours: Crystal Palace duo Dwight Gayle and Jordan Mutch on Canaries’ radar
- Credit: PA
Long-time Norwich City target Dwight Gayle is again being touted with a move from Crystal Palace, with all three relegated clubs in the mix.
The Croydon Advertiser claim Gayle could finally be ready to cut his ties with the FA Cup finalists after only eight Premier League starts last season. Gayle was heavily linked with a deadline day move to Norwich in the 2015 summer transfer window before remaining with the Eagles.
City will be in the market for fresh firepower with Dieumerci Mbokani and Patrick Bamford returning to their parent clubs following relegation but both Aston Villa and Newcastle United could be interested in the 25-year-old.
Gayle has never established himself as a regular starter at Selhurst Park after a £6m move from Peterborough in July 2013.
The striker's Eagles' team-mate, Jordan Mutch, is another potential Norwich target.
You may also want to watch:
The Sun report Alan Pardew is willing to off load the former Cardiff City attacker, who played against the Canaries on the opening day of last season, to fund a move for Newcastle United wideman Andros Townsend. Mutch made 11 Premier League starts last season but was behind the likes of Yohan Cabaye, Yannick Bolasie and Jason Puncheon in Pardew's plans.
Finally, Brentford's highly-rated teenage midfielder Juan Pablo Gonzalez Velasco is attracting interest from a host of clubs. Norwich, Fulham and QPR have been linked but Southampton appear in pole position to recruit the 17-year-old.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 4 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month
- 9 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 10 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill