Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries want Mitchell Dijks to stay permanently
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City are keen to turn Mitchell Dijks' loan move into a permanent deal according to reports in Holland.
The Canaries want to exercise a clause agreed in January, which would see the Ajax defender move to Carrow Road permanently.
However, Dijks must also agree to the move and there is apparently Premier League interest, says De Telegraaf – Holland's largest daily morning newspaper.
Dijks has been a big hit with the Canaries since joining at the start of the year. His no-nonsense, physical style, allied to an ability to get forward, has made him an instant fans' favourite.
Dijks, who has missed City's last three league games after receiving a straight red against Blackburn Rovers, initially rejected a permanent move to Carrow Road before a loan deal was agreed as he didn't want to commit himself to playing in the Championship for longer than is necessary.
You may also want to watch:
That situation is unlikely to have changed and Dijks will wait to see what offers come from the Premier League before considering whether he wants to stay at Norwich.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp