Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries target Marouane Chamakh injured during trial game for West Brom
- Credit: PA
Norwich City target Marouane Chamakh picked up an injury when playing in a trial game for West Brom on Saturday.
The 32-year-old former Arsenal and Crystal Palace striker started a friendly for the Premier League side, as Baggies boss Tony Pulis looks to strengthen his squad following transfer window frustrations.
Canaries chief executive Jez Moxey had revealed that talks with the Moroccan international were planned for next week, following a failure to sign another striker before Wednesday's transfer deadline.
Chamakh is available on a free transfer after being released by Palace in the summer, following an injury-hit season, mainly due to hamstring problems.
He started against Delhi Dynamos at The Hawthorns in yesterday's friendly but hobbled off after 26 minutes after a bad tackle by Anas Edathodika, with a cut on his leg.
West Brom's first-team coach Ben Garner told his club's official website: 'Unfortunately Chamakh has had to come with a big cut on his leg, which is a shame for him.'
The Croydon Advertiser report that Pulis was a 'big fan' of the France-born forward during his time at Palace and that Chamakh was invited back to train with the Eagles last Wednesday.
The south London newspaper claims the striker has 'a number of options in England and abroad' to consider, including former club Bordeaux.
- 1 Man dies after collapsing during dog walk in Norfolk village
- 2 A47 reopens after serious crash near Swaffham
- 3 Carriageway of A11 remains closed after air ambulance called to crash
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages in north Norfolk
- 5 Recycling centre closures planned as part of £15m County Hall cuts
- 6 Customers travelling especially to visit charming new café at fishery
- 7 Drink driving teacher crashed into church wall with baby in car
- 8 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 9 Police called after sudden death at home near Norwich
- 10 Classic car show back this weekend with over 700 vehicles
Six goals in 34 games during a season on loan at Selhurst Park in 2013-14 earned Chamakh a permanent move but just four goals and 40 games followed in the next two seasons with Palace.