Norwich City transfer rumours: Canaries linked with move for West Bromwich Albion winger Sam Field
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
West Brom have reportedly rejected loan bids from several Championship clubs, including Norwich City, for midfielder Sam Field.
The Express and Star claim the Baggies have turned down five loan bids for the 19-year-old with Derby and Norwich among the side to have made a move for the youngster.
Sheffield United, Barnsley and MK Dons have also been linked with Field, who made nine appearances for Tony Pulis' side last season.
West Brom are keen for the player to get some regular first team football this season but won't let Field out on loan until they have bolstered their midfield options.
The report claims that several clubs have now withdrawn their bids for Field with Norwich confirming their ninth signing of the summer on Sunday in Marco Stiepermann.
The 26-year-old signed from Bundesliga II side Bochum at the weekend and could make his debut in Tuesday night's League Cup tie against Swindon.
Midfielder Tony Trybull is also likely to make his first appearance as he looks to step up his fitness.
- 1 Driver caught hitting speeds of 119mph on A47
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Fake chefs deliver out-of-date lasagne to Carrow Road ahead of Spurs clash
- 4 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 5 Where the streets have no cars... the community that banned the school run
- 6 Investigation closed after cash stolen from popular attraction
- 7 Crash closes part of B1145 in west Norfolk
- 8 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 9 More cameras could be on way to fine law-breaking Norfolk motorists
- 10 Cyclist airlifted to hospital with serious injuries following incident