Norwich City transfer rumours: Millwall boss cools interest in Norwich City ace
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Millwall boss Neil Harris insists he has bigger priorities in the January transfer window outside of chasing Norwich City's Ben Marshall.
The Canaries beat the Lions to the 27-year-old's signature in the summer in a reported £1.8m deal despite Marshall impressing on loan from Wolves at the Den last season.
'Ben was fantastic for us last season,' Harris told the South London Press. 'He brought a wealth of Championship experience and quality as well to the squad – plus personality in the changing room. He is a player we tried to sign in the summer but couldn't get because Norwich have got bigger finances.
'He is a player and person I admire. But I think at the moment that scoring goals and creating chances is not a problem – that is keeping the ball out of the net at the other end.
'There have been four or five away games where we have gone and dominated – Forest, Reading, Norwich and Preston – and not got the points.
You may also want to watch:
'We are in the top three for creating chances in the division.'
Marshall has struggled to make an impression at Carrow Road and has been linked with a move away next month with Ipswich Town apparently admirers.
- 1 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 4 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 5 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 6 Woman in 30s suffers head injuries in violent attack by two girls
- 7 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 8 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 9 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 10 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000