Norwich City transfer rumours: Millwall boss cools interest in Norwich City ace
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Millwall boss Neil Harris insists he has bigger priorities in the January transfer window outside of chasing Norwich City's Ben Marshall.
The Canaries beat the Lions to the 27-year-old's signature in the summer in a reported £1.8m deal despite Marshall impressing on loan from Wolves at the Den last season.
'Ben was fantastic for us last season,' Harris told the South London Press. 'He brought a wealth of Championship experience and quality as well to the squad – plus personality in the changing room. He is a player we tried to sign in the summer but couldn't get because Norwich have got bigger finances.
'He is a player and person I admire. But I think at the moment that scoring goals and creating chances is not a problem – that is keeping the ball out of the net at the other end.
'There have been four or five away games where we have gone and dominated – Forest, Reading, Norwich and Preston – and not got the points.
'We are in the top three for creating chances in the division.'
Marshall has struggled to make an impression at Carrow Road and has been linked with a move away next month with Ipswich Town apparently admirers.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 3 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 4 Two men arrested after fire caused by disposable BBQ at country park
- 5 Plans for roundabout at accident blackspot set for submission
- 6 Holidaymakers face further severe TUI delays from Norwich
- 7 'Not our problem' - Tyre mountain boss exports 350 tonnes of rubber 'I know not where'
- 8 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 9 Man who rushed to help woman stabbed in city park feared she might die
- 10 Elizabethan manor house with 20 acres and a pool on sale for £2.75m