Norwich City top 100 appearances: Matt Crowe (58)
- Credit: Archant
58 Matt Crowe
214 appearances/18 goals
Matt Crowe's time as Norwich City would, in the modern era, be considered a fine double success.
Not only was Crowe a hit on the field, he was also a profitable member of the squad.
The Scot was purchased for just £500 in May, 1957, from Partick Thistle. By the time he left for Brentford, a little over five years later, his value had multiplied five-fold.
You may also want to watch:
Crowe was a wing half, making almost 300 appearances in a career which took him from Scotland to England and on to South Africa, where he played for Port Elizabeth, later working as a sales manager for a paint firm.
He broke his leg at Partick and again at Brentford but, at City, was more fortunate, rarely missing a game. He played all 11 games in the run to the semi-finals of the FA Cup in 1958-59 and missed just one of the 46 league games that season – only Barry Butler played more.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 4 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 5 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 6 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 9 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk