Norwich City Top 100 appearances: Ken Burditt (85)
- Credit: Archant
173 games/61 goals
Frederick Charles Kendall Burditt makes it on to two Norwich City lists – in the top 100 for appearances and the top 20 for scoring.
His 61 goals rank him 14th in the all-time scoring charts – plus he banged in another 80 for the reserves, a tally which included a double hat-trick in an East Midlands League game.
Burditt joined City from Gresley Rovers and made his debut in January, 1931, with his final game coming in May 1936.
He also played in City's first game in the Second Division, away to Brentford, and although they lost 2-1, Burditt had the honour of scoring the club's first goal.
Burditt went on to play for Millwall, Notts County and Colchester United. He worked as a coal miner during the war years, but could not resume playing because of damage to his lungs. He died in October 1977 in his home town of Ibstock.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 2 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 3 Couple explores Norfolk homes in Escape to the Country
- 4 'Fantastic, loving, cheeky' 19-year-old killed in motorbike crash
- 5 Pub landlord threatened to kill man he chased through streets with axe
- 6 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 7 'Ghetto' fears raised over scheme for 725 new homes
- 8 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win
- 9 MAPPED: Where thousands of homes could be built in north Norfolk
- 10 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies