Norwich City to face Leyton Orient in FA Cup
LEYTON ORIENT 8, DROYLSDEN 2 (aet): Leyton Orient hit back from two goals down to cruise to an extra-time victory over non-League Droylsden and earn a place at Carrow Road in the FA Cup on January 8.
The Blue Square North side looked odds-on to pull off a shock when they led 2-0 with 13 minutes to go against ten-man Orient.
But Ben Chorley converted a penalty in the 77th minute and then Jonathan Tehoue equalised with a minute to go.
Orient were reduced to nine men when Ben Chorley was sent off but Paul-Jose M'Poku put Orient ahead for the first time after 93 minutes and it was nine versus nine a minute later when Lee Roche became the fourth player to be sent off.
That seemed to kill off the visitors and Orient romped clear with Scott McGleish (97, 108, 119) and Tehoue (99, 106) completing their hat-tricks.
Ciran Kilheeney had netted for Droylsden after just six minutes. Terrell Forbes was sent off for the hosts after 37 minutes before Alex Brown gave the non-Leaguers breathing space when he made it 2-0 nine minutes into the second half.
But the sides were both down to ten men after 84 minutes when Nat Kerr was dismissed.
- 1 Film crews for Paramount crime series to visit ANOTHER Norfolk village
- 2 Major incident in city after reports of stabbing
- 3 Six fire crews battle large field blaze in south Norfolk
- 4 Woman stabbed in neck and arm in city park
- 5 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 6 Range Rover hit by train after straying onto level crossing
- 7 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 8 Here's when parents can get complimentary tickets to BeWILDerwood
- 9 Woman in 50s arrested after house sealed off in quiet street
- 10 Thieves run off with alcohol worth nearly £5,000 from Tesco
• Tickets for the third round tie go on sale at 9am today. They are �15 adults, �10 over-60s and under-21s and �5 for under-16s.