Norwich City to face Leyton Orient in FA Cup
LEYTON ORIENT 8, DROYLSDEN 2 (aet): Leyton Orient hit back from two goals down to cruise to an extra-time victory over non-League Droylsden and earn a place at Carrow Road in the FA Cup on January 8.
The Blue Square North side looked odds-on to pull off a shock when they led 2-0 with 13 minutes to go against ten-man Orient.
But Ben Chorley converted a penalty in the 77th minute and then Jonathan Tehoue equalised with a minute to go.
Orient were reduced to nine men when Ben Chorley was sent off but Paul-Jose M'Poku put Orient ahead for the first time after 93 minutes and it was nine versus nine a minute later when Lee Roche became the fourth player to be sent off.
That seemed to kill off the visitors and Orient romped clear with Scott McGleish (97, 108, 119) and Tehoue (99, 106) completing their hat-tricks.
You may also want to watch:
Ciran Kilheeney had netted for Droylsden after just six minutes. Terrell Forbes was sent off for the hosts after 37 minutes before Alex Brown gave the non-Leaguers breathing space when he made it 2-0 nine minutes into the second half.
But the sides were both down to ten men after 84 minutes when Nat Kerr was dismissed.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 5 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 9 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
• Tickets for the third round tie go on sale at 9am today. They are �15 adults, �10 over-60s and under-21s and �5 for under-16s.