Norwich City there to be shot at for Alex Neil
- Credit: Sean Dempsey/Focus Images Ltd
Alex Neil is challenging his Norwich City boys to handle being a prized Championship scalp this season.
The Canaries host Bristol City on Tuesday night looking for a perfect response to the frustrating weekend goalless draw against Sheffield Wednesday at Carrow Road.
Neil remains confident City will embrace the pressure that comes with being one of the clubs tipped for Premier League promotion.
'Let's not kid on. People are going to have us as one of the favourites, so let's not do people a disservice,' he said. 'Everybody is fully aware, looking at our squad, we have enough to be up their challenging. I expect us to be up there challenging. It is about us and raising our game and doing it consistently. That is the key. On our day we can beat anybody in this division but you have to make sure you do it more often than not.
'There is more pressure on us going into every single game this season. It is a pressure we thrived under last time we were in this division and I think it suits us, not just me but my players, in terms of how we want to play and what we are comfortable with.'
You may also want to watch:
Neil is urging his men to enjoy the battles ahead after last season's top flight turmoil.
'It is a lot more difficult to get on the front foot and be aggressive in the Premier League,' he said. 'That is my nature and I didn't quite get it right and we paid the consequences but now it is back to what I know best. Having a lot of technically good players at this level suits us down to the ground. If you lose a couple of games it can be tough but if you are up against it, like last season, it just grinds you down.'
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp