Norwich City team up with gaming app developer
- Credit: Action Images
The developers of a popular gaming app with millions of users have announced a partnership with Norwich City FC.
A deal between a new sponsor of the Canaries and the creators of Best Fiends, a game which has been downloaded 15 million times worldwide, has been announced.
Mobile game developer Seriously will also launch a scheme with the football club called Coding for Kids, a programme which aims to educate young people about mobile technology.
David McNally, chief executive of Norwich City Football Club, said: 'This is a ground-breaking partnership, a first for us and indeed one of the first of its kind in the Premier League between a club and a leading mobile gaming provider.
'We are really impressed with the energy and passion of Seriously and the tremendous impact their popular Best Fiends game is having around the world.
'This substantial partnership with the club will help them to champion their great products to the Premier League and Norwich City's massive global audience. Meanwhile I hope as many City fans as possible will enjoy playing Best Fiends and come along to be part of the Coding For Kids event, which promises to be great fun.'
Andrew Stalbow, co-founder and chief executive of Seriously, said: 'Norwich City Football Club has an extraordinary appeal worldwide with a passionate local fan base and a family-focused approach.
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 5 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 6 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 7 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 10 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
'We are excited to work with a team that has similar values and aspirations as we continue to build our own local fan base for Best Fiends on a global scale.'
The mobile game company launched its first app, Best Fiends, in October and since then the game has been downloaded millions of times with more than 1.3 million daily active players.
The company plans to release its second game in the trilogy later this year.
The popular game is touted as being the next Angry Birds, which is one of the most successful ever video games.
Do you have a story about mobile technology? Email email@example.com
•Check out our 24-page Norwich City FC pre-season supplement in today's paper.