Norwich City ‘target’ Leon Best completes move to Blackburn Rovers
Any thought of a Carrow Road reunion between striker Leon Best and his former Newcastle boss Chris Hughton has been dispelled with the Republic of Ireland completing a �3m move to Blackburn Rovers last night.
Best joined the Magpies for �1.2m from Coventry more than two years ago, but found his chances last season limited by injury and the form of Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse.
Norwich City had been linked with the 25-year-old, but he has chosen a move to the Championship as Rovers bid to regain their Barclays Premier League status at the first attempt.
Burnley midfielder Chris McCann, 24, has also been linked with the Canaries.
The Dublin-born McCann, who is captain at Turf Moor, has one year remaining on his current contract.
You may also want to watch:
He has played 225 senior games for Burnley, scoring 26 goals, and appeared in their 4-1 FA Cup defeat at Norwich in January.
McCann had been reported to be a target for Swansea City before manager Brendan Rodgers' switch to Liverpool, and is also reported to have caught the eye of Stoke City.
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Man in 20s drowned in Bawsey Country Park lake
- 3 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 4 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 5 Man, 20, who drowned at Bawsey Pits is named
- 6 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 7 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 8 See inside the 'tiny mobile homes' built from scratch for £95,000
- 9 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 10 Norwich bar gets back licence after tearful appeal by owner