Norwich City target Bennett happy to stay with Brighton
Brighton & Hove Albion midfielder and City transfer window target Elliott Bennett says he is happy at the League One club.
The 22-year-old handed in a transfer request last week after interest from the Canaries.
'It was never a case of me being unhappy and not wanting to play for the football club,' he said. 'A club from a higher division wanted me. I wanted to pursue it – it didn't work out. I'm more than happy to still be a Brighton player.'
He added: 'I'll do all I can in training and in games to make sure the gaffer (Gus Poyet) keeps picking me.'
The former Wolves trainee returned to the Albion side for their 0-0 draw with Leyton Orient on Tuesday after sitting out their FA Cup win at Watford on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
And Bennett said he was pleased with the reaction he got from the Seagulls' travelling support.
'That was massive for me,' he told BBC Sussex: 'It was one of the things I was worried about.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
'I didn't want people to take it personally. I'd like to thank all the fans who showed me support.'