Norwich City striker Martin gets extended Crystal Palace stay
City striker Chris Martin's loan to Championship side Crystal Palace is to be extended until February 4, subject to the relevant paperwork being completed.
Martin joined the London club in November and has made eight first team appearances, scoring once in a 1-1 draw against Derby, and manager Dougie Freedman is keen to take a longer look at the 23-year-old.
Palace are 11th in the Championship, just three points off the play-off positions, and are preparing for a two-leg Carling Cup semi-final against Cardiff, for which Martin is eligible.
Freedman said earlier this week: 'Chris is one I'd like to keep. He hasn't played as much as he would have liked but he'll be the first to admit that the speed and intensity that we train and play has caught him by surprise.
'He wasn't as match-fit as he could've been and needed his first month to get up to pace.
'I firmly believe the best is yet to come.'
Beccles-born Martin has scored 34 goals in 114 senior games for City, but missed the final three months of last season with a hamstring injury.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 5 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 6 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 7 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 8 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 9 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
- 10 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis
He was given just four Premier League outings this season before making the loan switch to the Eagles.
Meanwhile, City midfielder Tom Adeyemi's loan to Oldham is set to be extended to the end of the season, according to a report on BBC Sport.
Oldham boss Paul Dickov has said he is keen to retain Adeyemi's services after three goals in 24 appearances for the League One club.