Norwich City striker Luciano Becchio could benefit from loan move
- Credit: Matthew Usher
Alex Neil is prepared to sanction a loan move for out-of-favour striker Luciano Becchio.
The Argentine forward has now recovered from the heel injury which cut short a Championship loan stint at Rotherham before Christmas but Neil admits the 30-year-old is well down the pecking order with Lewis Grabban, Cameron Jerome and Gary Hooper all in the goals.
Becchio has failed to force his way into the first team picture since moving to the club from Leeds in January 2013 and is yet to score a senior goal in 16 appearances for the Canaries.
'He is just training with the squad at the minute but I think I have better options at the moment than Luc up top so he is finding it hard to get into the squad,' said Neil.
'Potentially I wouldn't be adverse to letting him go out on loan and getting some game-time. It is something we have looked at, but that is not the case at the moment.'
Neil has allowed Cameron McGeehan to link up again with League Two promotion hopefuls Luton Town and the Scot is keen for the likes of Jacob Murphy and Jamar Loza to gain invaluable first team exposure in the Football League after recent loan stints.
'With Cameron he is in a similar situation to Luc. I just think I have better options in the middle of the park and his game-time at first team level here is going to be limited,' said Neil. 'I think the fact he has been playing first team football (at Cambridge) and then going back to the under-21s for some lads can be difficult. He needs to go and play somewhere. Ideally I would be looking to put some of the other boys out on loan to get them first team football but while they are here I will try and get them involved in the under-21s as much as possible because it is important we are strong at that level because that group is the next batch.'
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 4 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 5 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 6 Norwich man in court over £3.5m whiskey theft
- 7 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 8 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 9 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 10 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall