Norwich City striker Kyle Lafferty charged with misconduct in relation to betting
- Credit: Richard Blaxall/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City striker Kyle Lafferty is facing a Football Association charge of misconduct in relation to betting.
It is alleged that on February 20 this year, the Northern Irishman placed a bet on the result, progress, conduct or any other aspect of, or occurrence in, a football match or competition in breach of FA Rule E8.
New rules over betting for those involved in football were introduced in August 2014.
The worldwide ban on betting was introduced on all those involved in the game at Premier League, Football League, National League and Women's Super League levels, as well as those at clubs in the Northern, Southern and Isthmian leagues and all other participants who do not fall into the category below.
Participants covered by the ban are prohibited from betting, either directly or indirectly, on any football match or competition that takes place anywhere in the world.
You may also want to watch:
The changes to FA Rules from the start of the 2014/15 season also brought in a worldwide ban on betting on any other football-related matter. For example, the transfer of players, employment of managers or team selection. The passing of inside information to somebody that uses the information for betting remains prohibited.
Lafferty has until August 5 to respond to the charge.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town