Norwich City striker Jamar Loza links up with Southend ahead of new loan deal
- Credit: JASON DAWSON
Norwich City's young striker Jamar Loza is back at Southend on a week-long trial ahead of a proposed fresh loan move to the League One Shrimpers.
Loza played in a 4-4 development draw against Barnet on Tuesday afternoon after linking up with Phil Brown's club for a week-long training stint that could lead to a longer term stay.
Loza scored once in seven outings during a previous spell with Southend in March 2014 and City are keen to fix the 21-year-old striker up with a Football League loan move after a prolific recent spell in the Canaries' development ranks.
The frontman scored five goals in front of Alex Neil in a 7-2 win over Southampton's U21s prior to Christmas but has not featured for the Scot since scoring his only senior goal for the club in a memorable 2-2 Championship draw at Huddersfield last season.
'We're having another look at Jamar and he will be spending the next few days with us,' said Brown, speaking to the Southend Echo. 'We obviously know about him from having been here before and from seeing him in the game yesterday it looks as though the lights are still on. He's been made available for loan by Norwich again so we've asked to have another look at him and we will make a decision from there.'
You may also want to watch:
Southend are currently ninth in League One, three points out of the play-off spots. Loza played two games for League Two Stevenage earlier in the season during a previous loan spell and has also spent time at Yeovil, Orient and Coventry City.
- 1 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 2 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 3 Norfolk cliffs fall man arrested on suspicion of murder released on bail
- 4 Norfolk-based Rick Wakeman 'stunned and proud' after being made a CBE
- 5 'People didn't know I existed' - Shopkeeper thrilled with new store
- 6 Scams in Norfolk this week: Hermes texts and electricity boxes
- 7 Be lord of the manor: Site of forgotten mansion for sale for £2.3m
- 8 Ask the Expert: How much income will my £350,000 pension generate?
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 10 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy