Norwich City striker Jamar Loza links up with Orient on a 28-day loan
- Credit: Action Images
Norwich City striker Jamar Loza has joined League One promotion-chasing Orient on a 28-day loan in bid for further Football League experience.
The teenage forward was at Coventry City earlier this season before returning to Norfolk after making one substitute appearance for the Sky Blues. Loza is a regular in Mark Robson's development squad at Norwich and will still be eligible for the Canaries during his stint at the Matchroom Stadium.
The 19-year-old Jamaican-born forward is Russell Slade's third signing of the January transfer window.
'With a small squad, young players like Shaquile (Coulthirst) and Jamar will give us some much needed depth,' he told Orient's official site. 'In the meantime our priority remains to bring in a goalkeeper and more senior forward.'
Loza will provide cover after injuries to strikers David Mooney and Shaun Batt in recent weeks and goes straight into Orient's squad for Tuesday's League One game at Shrewsbury Town.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 5 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 6 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 7 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 10 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month