Norwich City striker Cameron Jerome misses out on PFA Fans’ Championship Player of the Month award for March
- Credit: Matthew Usher/Focus Images Ltd
Cameron Jerome has missed out on winning the PFA Fans' Championship Player of the Month award for March.
Norwich City's top scorer scored three goals in four games last month to take his tally for the season to 14 and make the shortlist for the award.
Leeds United striker Chris Wood has won the award after scoring four goals in three games during March, taking his overall tally for the season to 27 goals in 41 games.
The shortlist was chosen by Sky Sports pundits Paul Merson and Peter Beagrie, general manager of the Professional Game Match Officials, Mike Riley, and chairman of the Football Supporters' Federation, Malcolm Clarke.
It was then put to a public vote and New Zealand international Wood came out on top with 13,650 votes, ahead of Aston Villa forward Jonathan Kodjia (12,550 votes) and Wolves attacker Helder Costa (2,441).
You may also want to watch:
Jerome came in four with 450 votes, ahead of Bristol City defender Aden Flint (442) and QPR forward Yeni N'Gbakoto (209).
- 1 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 2 Aldi planning four new stores in Norfolk
- 3 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 Bungling car thieves dump £92,000 Range Rover
- 5 Woman hit with £900 vet bill after dog gets 'stoned' on park cannabis stash
- 6 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 7 Two Norfolk businesses star in TV show
- 8 Excitement as city pub reopens after 18-month closure
- 9 Holiday homes bid for site of former landmark hotel
- 10 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk