Norwich City striker agrees contract extension
Norwich City officials confirmed tonight Cody McDonald had signed a contract extension until the summer of 2012.McDonald has played sufficient games under the terms of his original deal to trigger a two year extension.
Striker Cody McDonald's contract with Norwich City has been extended until the summer of 2012.
The Canaries confirmed last night that the 23-year-old McDonald had agreed the extension after playing enough matches to trigger a two-year clause in his original deal.
The former Dartford forward is currently sidelined with a thigh strain after scoring four times in 24 appearances this season, though all but six of those outings have been as a substitute.
He came off the bench to snatch a late winner in the 2-1 victory at Walsall in January and scored the equaliser in the 2-1 home win over Hartlepool four days later.
In all, McDonald has five goals in 31 senior appearances for the club, coming off the bench to grab a goal on his debut in the 2-0 Championship win over Cardiff at Carrow Road 12 months ago.
McDonald was signed by former City boss Bryan Gunn following a prolific spell with the Darts, when he scored 19 goals in 20 appearances during the first half of the 2008-09 campaign.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 3 Flood alerts pass off peacefully along the north Norfolk coast
- 4 9 celebrities who have been spotted in Norfolk in 2022
- 5 Woman 'shocked' to find CCTV in Marina Centre changing room
- 6 Cromer Carnival events cancelled due to extreme heat.
- 7 Investigation closed into fatal crash where car crashed into river
- 8 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 9 'Not our problem' - Tyre mountain boss exports 350 tonnes of rubber 'I know not where'
- 10 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
He previously played for Maldon Town and Witham Town.