Norwich City starlet Jacob Murphy rated only ‘50:50’ to be fit for Sheffield Wednesday
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City boss Alex Neil revealed on Friday afternoon Jacob Murphy is struggling to be fit to face Sheffield Wednesday at Carrow Road in Saturday's televised game.
Murphy has a 'tightness in his leg' which makes him doubtful for the Owls' early evening visit, after his impressive opening-day display in the 4-1 romp at Blackburn.
Alex Pritchard could be in line for his home debut if Murphy is unable to recover in time. Graham Dorrans (groin) is definitely ruled out but Martin Olsson (hamstring) and Jonny Howson (ankle) are fit and Russell Martin and Robbie Brady come into contention following a practice match earlier this week, as they step up their returns from back and thigh problems respectively.
'Unfortunately for Jacob he will be a 50:50 decision. He has sort of got a tightness in one of his legs so that is a concern for this game,' said Neil. 'I don't think Graham Dorrans is going to make it. We have a couple of wee bumps and bruises. Martin came through training okay this morning so he should be fine. He did the session so providing there are no reactions on Saturday he should be okay.
'I think Russ and Robbie are certainly closer now to being involved. They played 60 minutes the other day. You could see from that team I selected we could field two teams, albeit one slightly younger. I wouldn't say they are fully up to speed. We would like to get a couple of 90 minutes in their legs, however, with Robbie in particular, he only had three weeks and three days off with the Euros so he is probably a little bit further ahead.
You may also want to watch:
'Robbie played three different positions in the summer for his country so we all know how important he is to have in the squad. He gives us an option to do equally a good job in a number of positions.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 3 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 4 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 7 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 8 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 9 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 10 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000