Norwich City star Nathan Redmond named in England Under-21 squad
- Credit: PA
Norwich City winger Nathan Redmond has been included, as expected, in the England Under-21s squad for two matches in the upcoming international break.
The tricky winger has made an excellent start to the season for City, scoring two goals in three games and playing an influential role in a positive start to the campaign for Alex Neil's side.
He is joined in the squad by former Canaries academy goalkeeper Angus Gunn, the son of club legend Bryan, in the squad.
Gunn has not been capped at U21 level before but signed a new long-term deal with Manchester City this summer and has been involved with the Premier League giants' first-team squad during pre-season.
Gareth Southgate has named a 23-man squad to take on USA's U23 side in Preston on Thursday, September 3, before a trip to Norway on Monday, September 7, in a European U21 Championship qualifier.
You may also want to watch:
Redmond was part of the U21s team which were knocked out in the group stage of the European U21 Championship in the Czech Republic this summer – but was named in Uefa's team of the tournament for his performances.
The 21-year-old has been capped 22 times at U21 level, scoring six goals, having progressed through the England youth system at various age groups. In total he has 61 youth caps for his country.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 6 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 7 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 10 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
Goalkeepers: Angus Gunn (Manchester City), Jordan Pickford (Preston North End – on loan from Sunderland), Christian Walton (Bury – on loan from Brighton & Hove Albion)
Defenders: Calum Chambers (Arsenal), Eric Dier (Tottenham Hotspur), Brendan Galloway (Everton), Joe Gomez (Liverpool), Kortney Hause (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Dominic Iorfa (Wolverhampton Wanderers), Jack Stephens (Middlesbrough – on loan from Southampton), Matt Targett (Southampton)
Midfielders: Dele Alli (Tottenham Hotspur), Nathaniel Chalobah (Chelsea), Jake Forster-Caskey (Brighton & Hove Albion), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (Chelsea), James Ward-Prowse (Southampton)
Forwards: Chuba Akpom (Hull City – on loan from Arsenal), Jordon Ibe (Liverpool), Solly March (Brighton & Hove Albion), Nathan Redmond (Norwich City), Duncan Watmore (Sunderland), James Wilson (Manchester United), Cauley Woodrow (Fulham)