Norwich City skipper Holt is aiming to hit the right note
Norwich skipper Grant Holt believes the club's German training camp was perfect for team bonding ahead of the Premier League campaign.
City's senior stars stepped up their fitness with a gruelling training regime and games against part-time opposition. Holt also confirmed Paul Lambert's new faces were forced to undergo a musicial initiation.
'We always do this thing where they have to sing and get up and it breaks the ice a little bit,' he said. 'I think a few of them were a little bit nervous but they got through it. It gives you a good chance because you are all there together for a long time. It's not like at home when after you training you go and do your own thing.
'You get to see different characters and found out what they are like. It works well. It did last year. There was a lot of hard work as well and the manager certainly kept us busy but that is why you go there. It's about getting fit, playing the games and meeting the new lads and a bit of bonding which is always good. It was a tough week but well worth it.'
You may also want to watch:
• Norwich's England youth international keeper Jed Steer played a trial match for League One Yeovil at the weekend ahead of a potential loan move.
Steer featured for the full 90 minutes of Yeovil's 1-0 friendly win over Bristol City at Huish Park. Yeovil manager Terry Skiverton confirmed Steer could be set for an extended stay in the West Country.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp
'He has put himself right in the forefront to be my 'keeper when the season starts,' he said. 'Jed was keen to come down and have a look at us. He's a confident lad who has come up through the age-group ranks with England. He has a great pedigree.'