Norwich City sign Swedish international Martin Olsson from Blackburn
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City have signed Sweden left-sided player Martin Olsson on a four-year deal for an undisclosed fee from Blackburn Rovers.
A fee of £2.5m had been reported for Olsson, who was also linked with a switch to Carrow Road in January. He completed a medical at Carrow Road on Tuesday before becoming Chris Hughton's third new signing of the summer.
Canaries boss Chris Hughton said: 'We're delighted with the addition of Martin. He's been playing in England for seven years and is well acclimatised to the Premier League.
'He can also play anywhere on the left hand side so he brings us good flexibility in that sense, plus at 25 he's at an age where he has some experience and also some time to improve.
'At this time it's about improving the squad that we have and Martin certainly does that.'
You may also want to watch:
A picture of Olsson near Norwich train station circulated the internet during Wednesday before the signing was announced.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 5 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 6 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 7 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 8 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 9 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
- 10 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit