Norwich City sign Jordan Rhodes on season-long loan
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City have signed Jordan Rhodes on a season-long loan from Sheffield Wednesday.
The 28-year-old underwent a medical and agreed personal terms on Monday and will link up with the squad ahead of their tour to Germany next week.
'The move took its time in the end but now that it's finally happened, it's a real pleasure to be here,' Rhodes told the club's official website.
'It's a fantastic football club with a great fanbase and if I play a few games this season, it will be a pleasure to do so.
'I'm looking forward to getting settled and starting up and playing a few games with the team. I'm really looking forward to pulling on the yellow and green jersey.
'It's a sell-out every week and there are a few familiar faces here that I already know. They've made me feel really welcome already.
'I'm really looking forward to settling into the area, getting to know everyone and really taking in the local surroundings.'
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 4 Man dies of collapsed lung after 'busy' hospital meant x-ray was missed
- 5 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 6 'It is a cash cow' - vicar's warning after being slapped with parking fine
- 7 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Major road to close for resurfacing works costing £81,000
- 10 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
Head coach Daniel Farke said: 'We're very pleased. Jordan has proved for many years that he's able to play at this level and to score and assist.
'We were looking to strengthen our squad in terms of scoring goals and assists and he's also at a great age where he can develop his game even more.
'I also like a lot his attitude on the pitch. He always works hard for the team and he's a brilliant character. He was desperate to join us and I'm pleased that he's here.'
Rhodes had slipped down the pecking order at Hillsborough, notching just 10 goals in 55 appearances, and his first-team opportunities were set to be limited again in Yorkshire.
Norwich brought in Finnish international Teemu Pukki earlier this month to bolster a shot-shy attack but with Nelson Oliveira touted with a summer exit the Canaries need to source fresh firepower.
Rhodes started his career at Ipswich before being controversially sold by then manager Roy Keane to Huddersfield Town.
He scored 87 goals in 143 games at the John Smith's Stadium, including 36 league goals in the 2011-12 League One season, the most ever for a Terriers player in one campaign.
The Scottish international then moved to Blackburn Rovers in 2012 and carried on his goalscoring form, scoring 85 times in four seasons.
Most recently, Rhodes has played for Middlesbrough and Sheffield Wednesday and now becomes the Canaries' sixth summer signing after the arrivals of Emi Buendia, Moritz Leitner, Teemu Pukki, Ben Marshall and Felix Passlack.