Norwich City sign Javier Garrido on permanent deal
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Javier Garrido is set to join Norwich City on a permanent deal on July 1 for an undisclosed fee.
The 28-year-old will sign from Lazio on a two-year contract, with an option to extend for a further year.
Chris Hughton said: 'I'm delighted to have secured the services of Javi on a permanent basis.
'He has played 34 games for us this season and the fact that we've signed him is a testament to the contribution he has made to the team since joining us last summer.'
The Spanish left-back added: 'I'm so happy to have signed full-time for Norwich City.
'I am very comfortable with everything here - with the players, the technical staff and of course the fans. I am just very happy that we have managed to remain in the Premier League where we belong.
'Now I want to do everything I can to help Norwich continue to be successful in the Premier League. For me personally I am delighted to have secured my future playing in English football with Norwich City.'
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 3 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 4 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 5 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 6 Norfolk holiday cottage business sold to a leading lettings agency
- 7 Norfolk worst area in UK for uninsured and untaxed drivers
- 8 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 9 'He could've gone all the way' - Mum's tribute to aspiring boxer, 19
- 10 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston