Norwich City sign young midfielder
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Norwich City have signed young midfielder Saul Milovanovic on a deal until June 2020.
The 17-year-old has spent the past few weeks on trial with the Canaries, playing three times for the Under-18s whilst also making cameo appearances for the Under-23s against Wolves and Aston Villa.
He will initially join up with City's Development Squad, following defender Jordan Thomas in making the move from Huddersfield Town to Carrow Road.
'I'm just glad that it's finally happened because I've been looking for an opportunity like this,' Milovanovic told the club's official website.
'It's category one football here and I'll be playing with and against some of the top young players in England.
You may also want to watch:
'I knew Steve Weaver (Academy Manager) from Huddersfield and it's great to join up with him again. I also knew Jordan from Huddersfield so he's helped me settle in.
'Steve said it's a good club and that they look after you. He also said there is a clear pathway to the first team and the manager (Daniel Farke) likes young players so that's great for me.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 3 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 4 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 5 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 6 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 9 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 10 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
'I'm a holding midfielder and a technical player and I like to get into pockets of space. I like a good pass as well.
'I can't wait for next season. I'm looking forward to playing in the league and establishing myself as a regular starter for the Under-23s and then hopefully I can start training with the first team.'
Weaver added: 'He was at Liverpool and I managed to sign him at Huddersfield. We knew that he was potentially becoming available so we've managed to bring him to Norwich.
'He's the sort of player that we're after. He's a good character and he will fit in really well here.'