Norwich City sign young midfielder
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Norwich City have signed young midfielder Saul Milovanovic on a deal until June 2020.
The 17-year-old has spent the past few weeks on trial with the Canaries, playing three times for the Under-18s whilst also making cameo appearances for the Under-23s against Wolves and Aston Villa.
He will initially join up with City's Development Squad, following defender Jordan Thomas in making the move from Huddersfield Town to Carrow Road.
'I'm just glad that it's finally happened because I've been looking for an opportunity like this,' Milovanovic told the club's official website.
'It's category one football here and I'll be playing with and against some of the top young players in England.
'I knew Steve Weaver (Academy Manager) from Huddersfield and it's great to join up with him again. I also knew Jordan from Huddersfield so he's helped me settle in.
'Steve said it's a good club and that they look after you. He also said there is a clear pathway to the first team and the manager (Daniel Farke) likes young players so that's great for me.
- 1 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 2 Weather warning as thunderstorms expected to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 3 Woman 'shocked' to find CCTV in Marina Centre changing room
- 4 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 5 20 fire engines and 90 firefighters contain large forest blaze
- 6 WATCH: Nudist camp saved from field fire by farmers
- 7 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 8 Firefighters tackling large fire near country park
- 9 Ambulance trust spends £20k of 'Captain Tom money' on pin badges and dogs
- 10 Nine fire crews battling large field blaze near Norwich
'I'm a holding midfielder and a technical player and I like to get into pockets of space. I like a good pass as well.
'I can't wait for next season. I'm looking forward to playing in the league and establishing myself as a regular starter for the Under-23s and then hopefully I can start training with the first team.'
Weaver added: 'He was at Liverpool and I managed to sign him at Huddersfield. We knew that he was potentially becoming available so we've managed to bring him to Norwich.
'He's the sort of player that we're after. He's a good character and he will fit in really well here.'