Norwich City sign Elliott Ward from Coventry City
Norwich City have signed defender Elliott Ward on a two-year deal from Coventry City on a free transfer. Ward will become Paul Lambert's second summer signing on July 1 when his contract with the Sky Blues expires.
Norwich City have signed defender Elliott Ward on a two-year deal from Coventry City on a free transfer.
Ward will become Paul Lambert's second summer signing on July 1 when his contract with the Sky Blues expires.
Norwich City boss Paul Lambert told the club's official website: "He's played at a higher level and in big games for West Ham and has good experience of the Championship.
"He's a good age, has stature and presence at the back and comes with good pedigree and he'll hopefully do well with us."
You may also want to watch:
Ward came through the youth ranks at West Ham United and made 21 appearances in all competitions for the Hammers and had loan spells at Bristol Rovers and Plymouth Argyle.
The Harrow-born centre-back moved to Coventry City �1 million in June 2006, becoming their first million pound player for five years.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 3 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 4 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 5 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 6 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 7 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 8 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 9 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 10 Person dies after being hit by train
The 25-year-old captained Coventry and became their penalty taker during his time at the Ricoh Arena, where he made 126 appearances, scoring 16 goals. Ward scored from the penalty spot against Norwich City on the opening day of the 2008-09 season, beating then Canary 'keeper David Marshall.
This season Ward has spent time on loan at Doncaster Rovers and Preston North End.