Norwich City sign Andrew Surman
Norwich City have signed midfielder Andrew Surman from Wolverhampton Wanderers on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee. The 23-year-old joined Wolves last summer and made nine appearances in all competitions as Mick McCarthy's side finished 15th in the Premier League.
Norwich City have signed midfielder Andrew Surman from Wolverhampton Wanderers on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
The 23-year-old joined Wolves last summer and made nine appearances in all competitions as Mick McCarthy's side finished 15th in the Premier League.
Surman came through the youth ranks at Southampton and enjoyed loan spells at Walsall and Bournemouth. He scored the winner on his first league start for Walsall in the 1-0 win over Bristol City at Ashton Gate in February 2005.
- 1 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 Man's surprise at finding virtually naked man asleep on car in Cromer
- 3 Weather warning extended as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk after heatwave
- 4 Two men arrested after fire caused by disposable BBQ at country park
- 5 Holidaymakers face further severe TUI delays from Norwich
- 6 This is when thunderstorms will hit Norfolk this week
- 7 Fire crews battle nature reserve blaze and tell people to close windows
- 8 Stunning drone shots capture high tide in Wells
- 9 Elizabethan manor house with 20 acres and a pool on sale for £2.75m
- 10 Man who rushed to help woman stabbed in city park feared she might die
The Johannesburg-born midfielder made 14 appearances and scored twice for Walsall in 2005 and 28 appearances and six goals for Bournemouth in 2006, both in League One.
On his return to St Mary's in January 2006, the former England Under-21 international became a fixture in Southampton's Championship side and in February 2007 he scored his only career hat-trick to date in the 5-2 home win over Barnsley.
Surman scored 18 goals in 146 appearances for Southampton before his move to Wolves.
Norwich City boss Paul Lambert told the club's official website: "I first saw Andrew play a while back and have watched him progress with Southampton, he's got a terrific left foot and is very good on the ball.
"At 23 years old he's already got great experience and has played in the Premier League. He will give us balance and like everyone else he will come in and compete for a place.
"He certainly knows the Championship and I'm sure he do well for us."