Norwich City have to settle for point after eight-goal thriller
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City were involved in an eventful game in Premier B which saw them score four times, but still come away with only a point.
City were 4-1 up at the interval but were pegged back by visitors Waltham Forest in the second half, with the draw feeling more like a defeat.
The hosts responded well to conceding an early goal, with Ed Sutton converting after a penalty corner and Josh Bailey scoring an excellent individual effort to make it 2-1. It then got even better as Tom Cooke scored from a set-play and Louis Preston netted from a goalmouth scramble after Raunaq Rai had done well to win the ball.
Sadly, City were unable to consolidate in the second half and the visitors were back on level terms with 15 minutes to go, with late home pressing failing to produce a winner.
There were fewer thrills at Greenfields Road, but there was a better result for the home side as Dereham saw off City of Peterborough II 1-0.
An early goal was enough for the visitors, although they will be frustrated they didn't convert more opportunities.
Player-coach Matthew Pickering took a gamble before the game by making big tactical changes and it paid off in the first minute. Midfielder Will Edwards broke at pace down the right before squaring to forward Falko Rosbergen who set up Guy Crookes for his first goal of the season.
- 1 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 2 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 3 Film crews for Paramount crime series to visit ANOTHER Norfolk village
- 4 Six fire crews battle large field blaze in south Norfolk
- 5 Woman stabbed in neck and arm in city park
- 6 Here's when parents can get complimentary tickets to BeWILDerwood
- 7 Thieves run off with alcohol worth nearly £5,000 from Tesco
- 8 Come and meet the animals you could adopt at RSPCA open day
- 9 New 250-space car park could be created near picturesque Norfolk harbour
- 10 Mum's warning after children almost stung by jellyfish
Dereham continued to carve out opportunities throughout the game, but were unable to make them count.
In the top flight, Harleston Magpies remain unbeaten after nine games after comfortably seeing off lowly visitors Blueharts 5-0, Jonty Gostling was man of thematch as Magpies stayed five points behind leaders St Albans after winning five and drawing four of their fixtures so far.
Magpies' seconds won 2-0 at Norwich Dragons to make it nine wins out of nine in Division 2N. It was a brave performance from Dragons, with Olly Buck outstanding at the back.
Pelicans saw off visitors UEA 3-2 to stay second while Norwich City II are fourth following a 1-0 win at Bury St Edmunds secured by a goal from Stuart Wardale. Magpies III edged past St Ives 2-1 and Dereham II won 5-2 at Horncastle.