Norwich City have to settle for point after eight-goal thriller
- Credit: Archant
Norwich City were involved in an eventful game in Premier B which saw them score four times, but still come away with only a point.
City were 4-1 up at the interval but were pegged back by visitors Waltham Forest in the second half, with the draw feeling more like a defeat.
The hosts responded well to conceding an early goal, with Ed Sutton converting after a penalty corner and Josh Bailey scoring an excellent individual effort to make it 2-1. It then got even better as Tom Cooke scored from a set-play and Louis Preston netted from a goalmouth scramble after Raunaq Rai had done well to win the ball.
Sadly, City were unable to consolidate in the second half and the visitors were back on level terms with 15 minutes to go, with late home pressing failing to produce a winner.
There were fewer thrills at Greenfields Road, but there was a better result for the home side as Dereham saw off City of Peterborough II 1-0.
You may also want to watch:
An early goal was enough for the visitors, although they will be frustrated they didn't convert more opportunities.
Player-coach Matthew Pickering took a gamble before the game by making big tactical changes and it paid off in the first minute. Midfielder Will Edwards broke at pace down the right before squaring to forward Falko Rosbergen who set up Guy Crookes for his first goal of the season.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 4 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 5 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 6 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 7 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 8 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 9 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 10 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
Dereham continued to carve out opportunities throughout the game, but were unable to make them count.
In the top flight, Harleston Magpies remain unbeaten after nine games after comfortably seeing off lowly visitors Blueharts 5-0, Jonty Gostling was man of thematch as Magpies stayed five points behind leaders St Albans after winning five and drawing four of their fixtures so far.
Magpies' seconds won 2-0 at Norwich Dragons to make it nine wins out of nine in Division 2N. It was a brave performance from Dragons, with Olly Buck outstanding at the back.
Pelicans saw off visitors UEA 3-2 to stay second while Norwich City II are fourth following a 1-0 win at Bury St Edmunds secured by a goal from Stuart Wardale. Magpies III edged past St Ives 2-1 and Dereham II won 5-2 at Horncastle.