Norwich City set to seal Timm Klose Wolfsburg transfer
- Credit: PA
Swiss international centre-back Timm Klose has travelled to England to complete a reported £9m move to Norwich City from Wolfsburg.
The German club's sporting director, Klaus Allofs, confirmed on Sunday afternoon after his team's mid-winter friendly that Klose's move to the Premier League is in the advanced stages of being completed.
Alex Neil revealed on Saturday after City's 3-0 top flight reverse at Bournemouth he was interested in recruiting the 27-year-old, who is now expected to finalise his move over the next 24 hours after agreeing personal terms with the Canaries.
'We have largely reached an agreement with Norwich, and so has Timm as far as I know,' Allofs told German media, with the centre-back making it clear to the Champions League hopefuls he wants regular first team football ahead of his country's Euro 2016 appearance in the summer.
Klose was an ever-present for the Germans last season but has fallen down the pecking order behind Brazilians Dante and Naldo, although he did feature in the Champions League group stage win over Manchester United prior to Christmas that earned Wolfsburg a last 16 tie against Ghent.
Klose will become Norwich's fourth signing of the window after deals were concluded for Matt Jarvis, Ivo Pinto and Ben Godfrey.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder