Fans’ mixed reaction to Norwich City season ticket price freeze decision
- Credit: Mike Page
Fans have given a mixed reaction to news that Norwich City is to freeze season ticket prices for a fifth consecutive season.
Thousands of ground season ticket holders received renewal letters and have until the first deadline on Sunday, February 18 to renew their tickets for 2018-19 at the best possible prices.
Canaries' managing director Steve Stone paid tribute to the loyal Yellow Army and thanked them for their support home and away in this and every season.
However a poll on this newspaper's website with more than 600 voters showed that while 44pc supported the decision, 56pc believed prices should have been reduced.
Saint commented on this newspaper's website: 'I'm not renewing. The football is dreadful. The immediate future looks to continue to be dreadful. Any decent players we have are being sold and we get Poundland replacements.
'The price of football is too high at Carrow road for what is on show. I hope others follow suit as the board need to learn for a number of reasons.'
You may also want to watch:
Steve Alger said: 'Poor quality and over priced food and drink facilities. Players turn up and on the whole ignore fans who wait to see them. Saw more excitement in the second half against Chelsea than I have all season at Carrow Road, so I for one will not be investing my time and money next season on a sub standard product.'
Beccles Boy added: 'So let me get this right. We have to pay the same amount as we paid in The Premier League for players on 1/10th of the wages.'
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 3 New landlords relaunch pub with three-course dog menu
- 4 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
- 5 Plot of gold? Land up for sale for £750,000
- 6 Sneak peek inside first £2.7m luxury mansion for sale
- 7 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 8 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 9 Drug dealer walks free from court for his 145th offence
- 10 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail