Norwich City seal signing of Arsenal’s Ignasi Miquel
- Credit: AP
Norwich City have completed the signing of Arsenal's Spanish youth international Ignasi Miquel on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.
Miquel becomes the club's eighth signing of the summer, with the deal also including an additional one-year option, following the 21-year-old's switch from the Emirates.
'It's brilliant for me to come here and I want to try and get in the team as soon as I can to help Norwich get back to the Premier League,' he said. 'I had to move on from Arsenal and Norwich have given me the chance to prove myself. The Championship is a tough league, but I know what it's about and I enjoyed it last season. I'm really looking forward to getting started.'
The centre back made 14 appearances for Arsene Wenger's side after making his Premier League debut in 2011 and also featured in the Champions League and Capital One Cup, but his last first team outing came in a 1-0 Premier League win at Sunderland in February 2013.
City boss Neil Adams had revealed in recent days he was in the market for defensive reinforcements following Ryan Bennett's ankle surgery.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking to the club's official site Adams said: 'He's a defender who we know can play having come through the Arsenal system, and he had important experience with Leicester last year in the Championship, He's certainly one who can come in and give us strength on the left side of our defence.'
The 6ft 4in tall Barcelona-born Miquel spent five years at the Catalan giants' fabled La Masia academy but following his release was picked up by Arsenal.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 5 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 6 Lifeboat crew rescues three girls out to sea on lilos
- 7 Noise investigation launched after works leave houses 'tremoring'
- 8 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 10 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?