Norwich City scalp is huge for Swansea in Premier League relegation shootout
- Credit: PA
Swansea City coach Alan Curtis admits Norwich City's upcoming Premier League visit could be a pivotal game in the relegation battle.
The Swans facing a daunting double header against title rivals Tottenham and Arsenal before Norwich's trip to the Liberty Stadium in eight days time. Curtis, who was in temporary charge before the appointment of Francesco Guidolin to replace Garry Monk, knows the stakes are high for both clubs.
'I think we have to have one eye on Norwich – we can't deny that,' he said. 'But we are not in a position where we can give any games up – we have to try to get something out of every one we play. It's important we go almost at full strength for Tottenham and Arsenal. We will not get back until something like 3am on the Thursday after the Arsenal game. There will be some recovery on Thursday, you can't do a lot Friday and then all of a sudden we have a huge game on the Saturday. But we have to try to pick something up in every game. If we can get something from Spurs and Arsenal that would be terrific, then we have to look to beat Norwich.'
Curtis is predicting plenty of twists at the top and the bottom over the run-in.
'It's been such a strange season – nobody could have predicted what's happened with Leicester,' he said. 'Some of the results on a weekly basis are similar. We just hope we can be on the right end of one of those surprise results.'
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 4 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 5 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 6 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 7 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 8 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 9 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 10 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box