Norwich City’s young guns target Tottenham scalp in FA Youth Cup clash
Norwich City's youngsters do not fear Tottenham as they look to book a place in the FA Youth Cup quarter-finals on Tuesday (KO 7pm).
David Wright's squad have hammered both Watford and Burnley on the road and must do it the hard way again when they travel to League Two club Stevenage's Lamex Stadium to face a highly-rated Spurs' outfit.
'The boys have done really well, and scored lots of goals too,' said Under-18s coach Wright, speaking to the club's official site. 'Tottenham are a very good team with some very good individuals. It's going to be a really tough game for us and a big test.
'Without being disrespectful to the teams we've already played, Spurs are right at the top-end. However, there's a significant positive that we beat them 3-2 here a few weeks ago. Both teams will probably be changed from that day, but mentally it's good for the players to have that. We have nothing to fear and need to concentrate on ourselves.
'We know what Tottenham are going to try and do. The interesting thing is getting that information over to the players so they're able to perform to their best.'
• Tickets for Tuesday's fifth round tie are priced £5 for adults and £2 for concessions. Supporters can purchase tickets at the ground on the night or in advance from borotickets.co.uk.
- 1 'God's waiting room' - Norfolk town is country's pensioner hotspot
- 2 'It's just not viable anymore' - Pub near Great Yarmouth closes
- 3 Police called to 'altercation' between pupils at Norfolk school
- 4 Green light for park and ride, drive throughs and offices near Norwich
- 5 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 6 Norfolk holiday cottage business sold to a leading lettings agency
- 7 Norfolk worst area in UK for uninsured and untaxed drivers
- 8 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 9 'He could've gone all the way' - Mum's tribute to aspiring boxer, 19
- 10 Tyson Fury is making a comeback to Gorleston