Norwich City’s Robert Snodgrass withdraws from Scotland squad with ankle injury
Norwich City midfielder Robert Snodgrass has withdrawn injured from Scotland's forthcoming World Cup qualifiers against Wales and Belgium.
The 25-year-old was an unused substitute for the Canaries' defeat at Chelsea, but Scotland assistant manager Peter Houston revealed the midfielder reported for duty with an ankle injury.
Houston said yesterday: 'Snoddy was on the bench on Saturday with Norwich and never got on with his ankle, and it is still giving him a bit of trouble.'
Blackburn's Jordan Rhodes has also withdrawn through injury and has been replaced by Celtic striker Kris Commons.
Commons last appeared for Scotland in May 2011 and has been consistently overlooked by Craig Levein, who last week said the player was 'really unlucky' to miss out on selection for the original squad.
You may also want to watch:
Levein, who then takes his side to Brussels on Tuesday, has also lost Blackburn defender Grant Hanley from his initial squad.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 4 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 8 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 9 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 10 Widow threatened with debt collectors after funeral director’s bill blunder