Norwich City’s Robbie Brady focused on Republic’s Euro 2016 quest after Leicester City transfer rumours
- Credit: PA
Robbie Brady is refusing to let speculation touting him with a big-money Leicester City move to distract the Norwich City starlet from the Republic of Ireland's Euro 2016 quest.
Brady brushed off questions about rumoured summer interest from the Premier League champions ahead of his country's second Group E fixture against the talented Belgians on Sautrday in Bordeaux. City's player-of-the-year runner-up impressed during a debut season at Carrow Road that ended in relegation, but the 24-year-old is in no doubt he has proved his Premier League credentials.
'I've had a full season in the Premier League so there's a fair idea of me there (already). Every platform (you go) is another level to impress,' he said. 'You want to do that in every game and you want to relish every game.'
Brady and club mate Wes Hoolahan were influential in the opening 1-1 draw against Sweden but the left-back has been irked by comments from the Belgian camp suggesting they are a cut above Martin O'Neill's men.
'It always helps when people are talking like that because it just gives us that extra urge,' he said 'Hopefully we'll only be two levels behind them come the match!
'Ah no, it doesn't bother me. We know what we are capable of and we know we are capable of hurting teams. Hopefully we can do that.
'They have got some fantastic players but there's nothing to fear.
'We've got players that can hurt teams, like we showed the other night. Hopefully we'll keep them quiet and show them what we're about.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Norfolk zoo keeper abandoned as a baby reunited with mother in ITV show
- 4 9 of the best campsites on the Norfolk coast
- 5 Norwich man in court over £3.5m whiskey theft
- 6 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 7 Café completely sells out on first week of launching Sunday roasts
- 8 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 9 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 10 'Mishap' at historic hotel as van crashes into entrance wall
'We have to think like that if we want to have any ambitions of getting out of this group.'