Norwich City’s payments to agents drop by nearly a £1m
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City's spending on payments to agents was down by nearly a £1m to £1.39m in the period from October 2013 to September 2014, according to official figures.
The Premier League publish a breakdown on the amount each club spent on agents over an annual period spanning two transfer windows, which covered Norwich's relegation from the top flight last season and the beginning of the new Championship season.
The total amount paid to agents by the Canaries was £1,391,595.50, across a reporting period that saw the departures of Robert Snodgrass and Leroy Fer along with an influx of new players, like Belgian international Vadis Ofoe, who arrived in the summer from Club Brugges.
City released the latest figure on their official site, which also includes payments made by the club on behalf of players, but the Canaries £1.39m was not part of a total spend published by the current 20 Premier League clubs of £115.2m
Chelsea topped the spending table with £16.77m, followed by Liverpool with £14.3m. City's outlay was lower than all the clubs who survived last season, although the figures released by the Premier League on Friday do not include either City's spending or those of fellow relegated rivals Fulham or Cardiff.
You may also want to watch:
City's payments to agents in the period October 2012 to September 2013 were £2,308,987 compared to the previous year's (October 2011 to September 2012) £1,248,725.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 4 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 5 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 6 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 7 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 8 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
• Premier League clubs' payments to agents (from the period October 1 2013 to September 30 2014)
Aston Villa £2,577,866
Crystal Palace £2,200,797
Hull City £2,459,010
Leicester City £1,608,418
Manchester City £12,811,946
Manchester United £7,975,556
Newcastle United £3,876,250
Queen's Park Rangers £3,242,668
Stoke City £3,986,850
Swansea City £3,784,090
Tottenham Hotspur £10,983,011
West Bromwich Albion £3,493,745
West Ham United £6,380,339