Norwich City’s on-loan midfielder Tom Adeyemi would consider a return to Brentford
- Credit: PA
Norwich City's on-loan midfielder Tom Adeyemi would consider a Brentford return next season after playing a key role in the promotion-chasing Bees' League One campaign.
The 21-year-old has made 32 appearances for Uwe Rosler's side who are currently three points off the automatic promotion places with two games in hand on second-placed Bournemouth.
'I'm really, really enjoying my time here and I would like to come back next season,' he said. 'I've got to wait and see what is happening because I haven't heard anything from anyone yet, so I'm going to concentrate on finishing the season on a high and wait to see what happens in the summer. But I want to come back because I'm really happy here. I feel I've developed as the season has gone on and it's nice to play in a team that is doing so well and pushing at the top of the table.'
Adeyemi has so far failed to establish himself in the first team picture at Norwich after making his debut in 2009, with extended loan spells at Bradford and Oldham prior to his latest move to west London.
'The experience of playing matches where three points is everything has been an important thing for me,' he said. 'It would be easy to stay at Norwich and play in the reserves where three points doesn't matter and you are just trying to play well, but that's not what football is really about. It's all about winning games and that's something I've been able to experience at Brentford and I'm really enjoying it.'
- 1 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death
- 2 The most beautiful places to live in Norfolk - according to estate agents
- 3 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 4 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 5 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 6 East Norfolk road closed with firefighters at the scene
- 7 Investigations continue after woman on mobility scooter assaults man
- 8 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 9 'I listen to science': City folk hit back at anti-vax protests
- 10 Emergency services at scene of crash near A47 in Norwich