Norwich City’s on-loan Liverpool starlet Andre Wisdom is ready to do his duty
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
Andre Wisdom will do whatever it takes to make his mark on Norwich City's Premier League quest this season.
The on-loan Liverpool defender has been an unused substitute for the Canaries' opening two top flight games after sealing a season-long switch from Anfield.
Wisdom played 70-odd minutes at right-back in City's development win against Leicester's Under-21s on Monday but the 22-year-old believes his future in the game is at centre-back.
'I've had discussions with the manager about where he sees me playing but if its centre back or right back I will try my hardest,' he said. 'Longer term I probably see myself as a centre back. Right-backs these days are so attacking minded and I don't think that comes as naturally to me. I have grown up as a centre back, my brain is more defensive in that respect. I signed at Liverpool when I was 14 and I was a centre back and played there pretty much up to my first team debut.'
Wisdom is determined to make the most of his latest Premier League chance with the Canaries after 24 league appearances at West Brom last season.
'It is part of the game. Especially as a young player when you are developing,' he said. 'Going out on loan can only help me moving forward.
'I think I have improved for the loan spells at Derby and West Brom. They have made me a better player. I know what it takes to stay in the Premier League and I learned a lot at West Brom, even when you don't play.
- 1 Can you spot yourself in the Classic Ibiza crowd at Blickling?
- 2 'I'm sorry' - Woman behind cancelled festival offers customers £100,000
- 3 New tenant bid for former Argos store on retail park
- 4 Congestion eases after crash on outskirts of Norwich by A47 junction
- 5 Massive care village and research park planned for edge of Norwich
- 6 Adder warning in coastal areas as snakes come out to bask
- 7 9 West End shows heading to Norwich in 2023
- 8 Water company 'very sorry' as people fill sandbags in flooded street
- 9 Jailed this week: Paedophile and teen who blinded man
- 10 Brick and flint north Norfolk cottage a stone's throw from the beach on sale for £650k
'There is good and bad times at this level. You will get beat, sometimes you won't play and be left out of the squad for a reason and that makes you more of a man. I feel I have grown in that respect. This is a hard league but the lads who were here before know what it takes.'