Norwich City’s Michael Turner praised by Sunderland’s Matt Kilgallon
Matt Kilgallon has praised the determination of former central defensive partner Michael Turner for overcoming a harrowing start to his Norwich City career.
Turner's three-year stint at Sunderland came to an end during the summer, when he made a �1.5million switch to Carrow Road.
The 29-year-old endured a nightmare debut for the Canaries as Chris Hughton's side were thrashed 5-0 at Fulham on the opening day and he was again exposed in the 5-2 rout against Liverpool.
But slowly, Turner settled and formed an impressive partnership with S�bastien Bassong at the heart of the defence before being sidelined with a shoulder injury.
Turner is very unlikely to figure in Sunday's meeting with Sunderland at Carrow Road (4pm), but Kilgallon, who lined up alongside the former Hull man at the start of his Black Cats career, told the Sunderland Echo: 'It'll be good to see big Turns again. He's a good player.
'He had a hard start down at Norwich, but he believed in himself and he's come through it. Now it looks like he's playing really well. Norwich have been doing well.
'But we've been doing all right away from home so it might be good to go there and with it on Sky as well, I'm sure the lads will be buzzing for it.'
- 1 A47 closed in both directions after serious crash
- 2 Revealed: Where dangerous parasite has been reported in Norfolk
- 3 Possible foot and mouth disease case investigated at pig farm
- 4 Norfolk deli owner suffers severe spinal injuries in Ibiza diving accident
- 5 Care home which has sat empty for four years to be revived by new owners
- 6 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 7 7 dogs looking for new homes in Norfolk
- 8 'Great relief' as vets rule out foot and mouth disease at Norfolk farm
- 9 Driver died in crash with tractor after misjudging corner on rural road
- 10 Traffic delays after car plunges into underpass in Yarmouth