Norwich City’s Michael Turner joins Sheffield Wednesday on season-long loan
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City defender Michael Turner has joined Sheffield Wednesday on a season-long loan.
The 31-year-old has been linked with a move to Hillsborough over the past month and the Owls confirmed the deal on their website on Thursday afternoon.
The move effectively ends Turner's time at Carrow Road with the former Sunderland man's contract running out next summer.
Turner, who made 74 appearances for the Canaries scoring four goals, has struggled for first team opportunities under manager Alex Neil, culminating in a loan move to Fulham at the end of last season.
The Cottagers didn't pursue a deal over the summer leaving the way clear for Sheffield Wednesday to secure his services.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 7 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 8 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town
- 9 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 10 Man and woman found dead in home