Norwich City’s men make it two wins on the bounce
Norwich City returned from Wisbech with a hard-fought 2-0 victory to make it back-to-back wins in Premier B after an opening day defeat.
The visitors created the better chances in a hard-fought opening period but failed to get on the scoresheet.
After the break two Wisbech players saw yellow for scything tackles on David Skinner before the goals arrived. Nicholas Jones scored from a rebounded short corner and Skinner found the target with a straight hit from the same source.
Dereham were beaten for the first time this season, going down 2-1 at West Herts.
Harleston Magpies are still unbeaten in the top flight, but had to settle for just a point after being held to a 2-2 draw by visitors City of Peterborough.
You may also want to watch:
Magpies started in impressive style and got the opener they deserved when a dinked reverse stick ball from Sam Paterson found Archie Winter, who calmly slotted home.
The visitors got back on level terms before the break, only for Harleston to restore their advantage in the second half as Winter got his second from a one-on-one with the keeper after good work from Pete Bale.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 3 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 4 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 5 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 6 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 7 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 8 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 9 Dad uses son's ashes in a tattoo on his leg
- 10 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'
There were then chances at both ends before Peterborough converted a short corner to ensure the match ended all-square.
Magpies’ seconds are setting a hot pace in Division 2N. They maintained their 100 per cent record with a 7-0 win at their Dereham counterparts and now have scored 24 goals in three games.
Norwich City II and Norwich are also going well with seven points from nine. City saw off visitors UEA 3-1 (Harry Gill 2, Dan Cheesman) while Dragons, who narrowly missed out on promotion last season, won 2-1 at Bury St Edmunds after being behind at half-time. An impressive second half performance was rewarded with goals from Tom Vaughan and Patrick Gordon while man-of-the- match was Peter Dickerson, who kept the visitors in the game with some crucial saves.
Dragons II won 3-1 at Sudbury in Division 3NE with all goals via short corner rockets by Rich Gill. In Division 6NE Ian White equalised for Norwich Exiles in a 1-1 draw with Watton.