Norwich City’s Leon Barnett joins Cardiff City on loan
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Norwich City defender Leon Barnett is hoping for another npower Championship promotion triumph after joining leaders Cardiff City on a month's loan.
The 27-year-old centre back, who was an important figure in City's triumphant 2010-11 campaign, completed the deal last night and could make his debut in tomorrow's clash against Sheffield Wednesday at Hillsborough.
Barnett has slipped down the pecking order at Carrow Road since having a run of games alongside Sebastien Bassong at the start of the season.
With Bassong and Michael Turner now the partnership of choice, and Ryan Bennett in reserve, manager Chris Hughton has allowed the big defender to join Malky Mackay's high-flying side to get some first team football.
Barnett joined the Canaries from West Brom in August 2010, initially on loan. City subsequently paid an undisclosed fee for his services and to date he has made 55 appearances for the club, 49 from the start, scoring two goals.
You may also want to watch:
This season he has been restricted to 10 appearances, eight from the start, the last of which came in the ignominous FA Cup fourth round defeat at home to Luton Town, one of his former clubs.
The move means City now have eight players out on loan.
- 1 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 2 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 3 Man and woman found dead in home
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 5 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 9 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town