Norwich City’s Kyle Lafferty close to Sheffield Wednesday move
- Credit: Paul Chesterton/Focus Images Ltd
Sheffield Wednesday are reportedly closing in on the loan signing of Kyle Lafferty with a view to a £1.5m move this summer.
Norwich City boss Alex Neil has intimated he is prepared to let some of his fringe players out on loan, as long as it suits the Canaries.
That has apparently paved the way for a move to Hillsborough for Lafferty, who is reportedly set to reject Yorkshire rivals Leeds whilst Birmingham are also rumoured to be interested.
If the move goes through, it would see the 28-year-old link up with former Norwich striker Gary Hooper, who joined the Owls in the January transfer window.
Lafferty, whose contract runs out in June 2017, has played just 13 minutes in the Premier League so far this season for Norwich and is keen to move on to get game time ahead of Northern Ireland's Euro 2016 campaign.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 3 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 4 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 5 Man jailed for stealing underwear and sex toy from village house
- 6 Woman admits causing deaths of Norfolk couple in road crash
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 'She loved planting flowers' - Tributes left at home of woman found dead
- 9 Norwich City transfer rumours: Talks held with United full-back
- 10 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?